Setting up your Workplace
Find out more about some of the basic settings you can use to get Workplace ready for your organization. Visit our guides on managing employee accounts once you are ready to start inviting coworkers.
Name and Logo
If your company uses Workplace and you're an admin, you can customize your community's profile from your Admin Panel on your computer and selecting Settings at the left. From there, you can:
If your company uses Workplace and you're an admin, you can add and verify your domains by selecting Email Domains from your Settings in your Admin Panel. Learn more about verifying your domain.
To change your Company logo:
- Click Admin Panel in the top left of Workplace.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll to Company Logo and click Change.
- Select your file.
- Edit your logo, then click Save.
Logo images on Workplace should be 495 x 234 pixels or larger. These dimensions ensure that the image will fit in the provided logo template.
Images larger than 495 x 234 pixels are scaled down to fit into the logo template.
The following formats are supported:
.PNG (with or without background)
Keep in mind that animated formats such as .GIF aren't supported and files should be saved in RGB mode. Uploaded logo(s) in CMYK mode may be different in color compared to the original file preview.
Language settings help you change the languages you see on Workplace.
To change your language settings:
- From your News Feed, click on your profile picture in the bottom left.
- Click Settings.
- Click Language and Region.
From here, you can choose what language you want to use Workplace in and update your News Feed translation preferences. You'll see the following options:
- Workplace language: This changes the language of Workplace.
- Region format: This changes the dates, times, numbers and temperature.
- Posts from coworkers:
- Language you'd like to have posts translated into: This changes the language comments and posts written in another language are translated to.
- Languages you don't want to be offered translations for: This controls the languages you don't want to see translation options for. Any comment or post written in these languages won't contain translation options.
- Languages you don't want automatically translated: This controls the languages you don't want automatically translated. Any post written in these languages won't automatically translate.
You can enable two-factor authentication to add a two-factor authentication system to your Workplace account for added security.
If you turn on two-factor authentication, also known as multi-factor authentication (MFA), you'll be asked for a special security code each time you try to log into your Workplace account or app from a new device. Once you've entered this security code, you’ll have the option to save the device to your account so that you won't have to go through the process when you log in from the same device again.
To turn on two-factor authentication:
- Log into Workplace.
- Click your profile picture at the bottom left of Workplace.
- Click Settings.
- Click Security and Login.
- Scroll down and click Edit in the Use two-factor authentication section then select Get Started. You may be asked to reenter your password.
- In the Text Message (SMS) section, click Add a New Phone Number to add a phone number. You'll be asked to enter a phone number, and then to confirm that you own the number by entering a confirmation code sent to you via SMS.
Keep in mind that once you've set up your two-factor authentication preferences, you'll need to click Enable to activate the feature.
Note: Security codes can also be generated with a third-party app, or a Code Generator in the Workplace app.
If you no longer have access to your two-factor authentication or can't log in, reach out to your Workplace admin or submit a request to regain access.